The July Book Club is Lean UX, by Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden.
Inspired by lean and agile development theories, Lean UX lets you focus on the actual experience being designed, rather than deliverables. This book shows you how to collaborate closely with other members of the product team, and gather feedback early and often. You’ll learn how to drive the design in short, iterative cycles to assess what works best for the business and the user.
Lean UX shows you how to make this change—for the better.
- Frame a vision of the problem you’re solving and focus your team on the right outcomes
- Bring the designers’ toolkit to the rest of your product team
- Share your insights with your team much earlier in the process
- Create Minimum Viable Products to determine which ideas are valid
- Incorporate the voice of the customer throughout the project cycle
- Make your team more productive: combine Lean UX with Agile’s Scrum framework
- Understand the organizational shifts necessary to integrate Lean UX
40% off print or 50% off ebooks from oreilly.com with code DSUG (excludes other discounts).
When is it?
Tuesday 16 July
6pm for 6.30 start
Where is it?
The Royal Melbourne Hotel
629 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
(Turn left and follow the signs before the main entrance).
… even if you haven’t read the book!
How much does it cost?
Nothing, it’s absolutely free. (Just turn up and buy something from the bar to thank them for their support.)